Animal Transport in Canada
For the public
- The Canadian Veterinary Medical Association's response to the new transportation regulations
- Camille Labchuk and Rebeka Breder discuss the illegal export of horses shipped for international slaughter on Animal Justice’s Paw & Order
- CCFA’s fact sheet on animal transport
- CCFA’s Parliamentary e-Petition on animal transport, sponsored by Alexandra Mendes, MP
- The Minister’s response to CCFA’s Parliamentary e-Petition on animal transport
- Globe and Mail article on how animal industries negatively influenced the animal transport regulations, increasing transport times
- Canada published its draft animal transport regulations, December 5, 2016
- Letter to Agriculture Minister Lawrence MacAulay from 20 Canadian animal protection organizations, requesting improvements to the transport regulations, March 20, 2018. (The Minister did not reply.)
- Canada’s slow progress on animal transport - CCFA opinion article, The Hill Times, October 23, 2017
- Animal transport regulations: Time for change - CCFA opinion article, The Hill Times, June 20, 2016
- The Management of Cull Dairy Cows in Canada, a review of problems associated with the transport of fragile cull dairy cows, The National Farm Animal Health and Welfare Council, June 2017.
- Broken Wings: The Breakdown of Animal Transportation and Slaughter of Meat Poultry in Canada, Twyla Francois, Canadians for the Ethical Treatment of Farm Animals.
- Curb the Cruelty: Canada's farm animal transport system in need of repair, World Animal Protection.
- CIWF and CCFA: Stop Live Transport International Awareness Day - June 14, 2018
- CCFA’s transport brochure
For animal transporters
Photos courtesy of Jo-Anne McArthur/We Animals