For the public
- CCFA’s fact sheet on animal transport
- CCFA’s Parliamentary e-Petition on animal transport, sponsored by Alexandra Mendes, MP
- The Minister’s response to CCFA’s Parliamentary e-Petition on animal transport
- Globe and Mail article on how animal industries negatively influenced the animal transport regulations, increasing transport times
- Globe and Mail article reports that few highway inspections of animal transport vehicles occured in 2016 and 2017, and none in some provinces, including Ontario and Quebec
- Column by Thomas Walkom in the Toronto Star on Canada's lack of enforcement of transport rules
- Canada published its draft animal transport regulations, December 5, 2016
- Letter to Agriculture Minister Lawrence MacAulay from 20 Canadian animal protection organizations, requesting improvements to the transport regulations, March 20, 2018. (The Minister did not reply.)
- Canada’s slow progress on animal transport - CCFA opinion article, The Hill Times, October 23, 2017
- Animal transport regulations: Time for change - CCFA opinion article, The Hill Times, June 20, 2016
- The Management of Cull Dairy Cows in Canada, a review of problems associated with the transport of fragile cull dairy cows, The National Farm Animal Health and Welfare Council, June 2017.
- Broken Wings: The Breakdown of Animal Transportation and Slaughter of Meat Poultry in Canada, Twyla Francois, Canadians for the Ethical Treatment of Farm Animals.
- Curb the Cruelty: Canada's farm animal transport system in need of repair, World Animal Protection.
- CIWF and CCFA: Stop Live Transport International Awareness Day - June 14, 2018
- CCFA’s transport brochure
For animal transporters
- Code of Practice for the Care and Handling of Animals: Transportation, 2001
- Industry tips – Cattle transport, Eyes on Animals, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- “Using sensors, block chain for better animal welfare in transit,” Ontario Hog Farmer, May 2018, pp. 12 - 13.
- Should this pig be loaded? Guidelines for transporting pigs
- Should this bird be loaded? Guidelines for transporting birds